David was a special man with a gentle soul. He devoted his life to his wife and children. His personal
passion was as a wordsmith and as such took joy in writing songs, poetry and books, as well as public speaking. He was an Officer in several Orlando area Toastmaster’s clubs and mentored the development
of many. In addition he played guitar, was an avid photographer, practiced Karate and enjoyed hiking and nature.
There are no services yet planned, at a future time we will have a memorial service at a military cemetery yet to be determined. The family requests no flowers. If anyone wishes to assist the children through this difficult time, please contact his sister Barbara.
Survivors and Relatives
- Mother, Mary Luella Barber Barrett of Olean, New York
- Daughter, Christina Ann Barrett of Orlando, Florida
- Son, Michael James Barrett of Orlando, Florida
- Sister, Barbara Jeanne Barrett and husband Michael Phillip Dietz of Jasper, Florida
- Sister, Joan Marie Barrett of Sunrise, Florida
- Niece, Ashley Barbara Barrett of Sunrise, Florida
- Great Nephew, Kai Alexzander Barrett of Sunrise, Florida
- Great Nephew, Ryan Troy Rowe of Sunrise, Florida